- All London Tours and Attraction Tickets
- London Hop on Hop off Bus Tours
- Vintage Open Top Bus Tours - Bus Tours
- Harry Potter - Warner Studio Tours
- Coca-Cola London Eye - Tickets and Combinations
- London Theatre and Shows
- All Stonehenge Tours
- London To Paris Tours
- Airport Transfers - Private Transfers
- Oyster - Travel Cards
- Day Trips by Rail
- London Hotels Search
- Press - Partners
- A-Z Of London Attractions
- Victoria Coach Station
- Contact Us
Tuesday, 20 June 2017
The doors are open for Archikids Festival 2017!
Archikids Festival 2017 returns for its fifth year and it’s going to be better than ever!
This week Open City announces the new ‘Festival Hubs’ of Archikids 2017 – revealing the doors set to open on the for a fun-filled programme of activities. The Gherkin is joined by the iconic gardens of St Paul’s Cathedral, Broadgate and the galleries of the Museum of London. It’s going to be a fantastic weekend of explorations!
Archikids is a weekend festival of free activities for kids and their families to explore the city. It’s a chance to explore London's iconic buildings while constructing an architectural piece of headwear, building lego landscapes and designing your own skyscrapers!
30+ exciting activities set to inspire kids about their city and how they can make a difference to it! Highlights will be:
- Get ready to build the tallest Lego tower for On your marks, get set, LEGO at the Gherkin
- Becoming an Eco Explorer in the gardens of St Paul’s Cathedral, supported by the City of London Corporation
- Strut your stuff for Hatwalk Catwalk at Broadgate
- Design a New Museum in the Museum of London galleries
Where: Activities are centered around four ‘Festival Hubs’ across the City of London including – The Gherkin, Broadgate, St Paul’s Cathedral, and Museum of London.
For who: Children aged 5-11 and their families
How much: This festival is free to attend!
For further details and the full programme visit: www.archikids.org.uk/festival
Follow us: @opencityorg #archikids
Over 7,000 families joined us in 2016, this year the festival aims to expand and inspire even more young Londoners to join in exploring the exciting and evolving architecture across the City of London's Square Mile, through creative and exhilarating activities, stimulating workshops and intriguing tours of the architecture that is often overlooked by fast-paced city life!
Leading local designers will help our budding designers too! Teams from PRP, AKT II, Endpoint, Studio Sanshea, Waterman Structures, Lipton Plant and many more firms have signed up to the festival’s Activate Challenge, which is testing their own creative juices in devising an activity for the weekend. Watch this space and see what they brainstorm up!