- All London Tours and Attraction Tickets
- London Hop on Hop off Bus Tours
- Vintage Open Top Bus Tours - Bus Tours
- Harry Potter - Warner Studio Tours
- London Eye - Tickets and Combinations
- London Theatre and Shows
- All Stonehenge Tours
- London To Paris Tours
- Airport Transfers - Private Transfers
- Oyster - Travel Cards
- Day Trips by Rail
- London Hotels Search
- Press - Partners
- A-Z Of London Attractions
- Victoria Coach Station
- Contact Us
- London and UK Dating
- Affiliate Disclosure
Wednesday, 14 December 2016
WHAT'S ON IN COVENT GARDEN THIS CHRISTMAS
This festive season, families wanting to immerse themselves in some Christmas magic should look no further than Covent Garden. While parents do their Christmas shopping around London’s most beautiful Christmas shopping district adorned with 45 sparkling mistletoe garlands, children have the chance to step into an alternate festive land, meet Santa and join his LEGO production line, digitally enhanced by augmented reality and visual discovery app Blippar.
Visitors can meet Santa in an interactive rooftop experience before embarking on an enchanted journey through the district to help Santa find his missing reindeer. Powered by the Blippar app, the experience and quest for reindeer unlock digitally enhanced magical experiences along the way, with a chance of offers and daily prizes to be won.
Located at 3, The Market Building, Covent Garden (London, WC2E 8RA), visitors can book a place free of charge with one of Santa’s helpers from now through to 24th December 2016.Visitors can also book their place in advance on blippar.com/coventgarden.
The annual LEGO® Christmas build has arrived in Covent Garden’s Piazza for the festive season. Made with over 700,000 LEGO bricks, visitors are invited to join the elves on the ‘production line’ of Santa’s Workshop and decorate their own LEGO selfie. The Blippar app can also be used to bring Santa’s Sleigh to life in front of your eyes with different LEGO experiences to discover.
Santa’s Workshop is on the Piazza until .
Future of Retail
In between admiring the city’s biggest hand-picked Christmas tree and the magnificent mistletoe light scheme, shoppers in Covent Garden this festive season can experience the shopping spree of the future. Over 140 participating stores and restaurants across the district have created digitally enriched shopping experiences in partnership with Blippar, including beauty and fashion gift guides curated by style editors from Cosmopolitan, Elle and Esquire,entirely bespoke to Covent Garden.
AR applications enriching the Covent Garden experience this Christmas include:
· Swing tags on select items in-store unlocking ‘gift picks’, rewards and offers from top fashion editors
· “Blippable" stickers on restaurant fronts enabling people to explore different menu items, online reviews and even book a table
· An interactive AR map of Covent Garden which will come alive with events happening during the festive season, and unlock seasonal offers
· A digitally enhanced Christmas tree and an AR Grotto, showcasing the magic of the technology
· A digital treasure hunt, where people can collect eight reindeer to enter a daily draw and win cash prizes
Blippar is available on iOS and Android. Visit get.blippar.com.