- FREE! INSTORE PERFOMANCES FROM LONDON’S LEADING PIANISTS
- + EXCITING COMPETITION TO WIN TICKETS TO A VERY SPECIAL ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA CONCERT
- Yamaha Music London are thrilled to be part of World Piano Day! No other single instrument offers the range of emotion that can be expressed via the piano. Yamaha built their first piano over 120 years ago and since then have redefined what a piano is capable of with the Yamaha Silent, Disklavier, TransAcoustic and synthesis science and technologies.Taking place on March 29th - the 88th day of the year (88 being the number of keys on a traditional acoustic piano), Piano Day is an opportunity to celebrate everything to do with the piano - the performers, the music, the listeners - and the instruments themselves.Throughout Piano Day Yamaha Music London will be hosting some of London’s best and most exciting pianists who will be giving performances instore. Yamaha Music London will be live streaming many of the performances on Facebook and posting videos on Instagram.
- See link below for Performance Line up which includesOKIEM a pianist and composer whose music is described as "cinematic classical”. He creates his signature sound by combining piano, orchestral instruments and synthesisers. For more see link.Shane Thomas a child prodigy, he is now 18. At the age of 7 he sat down at a real piano for the first time and immediately started playing recognisable tunes with both hands. Within weeks he was composing his own pieces. A month later he made his first public performance and was nominated for the national Talented Youngster of The Year Award. The top prize in the Music for Youth Awards then followed. For full biog see link.
- No need to book – simply turn up, enjoy and take the opportunity to explore and try out Yamaha’s award-winning ranges.
- Located on the first floor of the Yamaha Music Store in London, the unique Yamaha Piano Hall offers a stunning backdrop to the Yamaha piano range. Few instruments are as sonically rich and emotionally affecting as the piano and the Piano Hall’s acoustics lend themselves perfectly to fully demonstrating the timbre and depth of both the Bösendorfer and Yamaha grand piano ranges.PLAY TO WIN WITH YAMAHA! Playing CompetitionYamaha would love to hear you play! Film yourself playing an extract from Bach's Prelude in C Major (BMV 846) on a Yamaha piano or keyboard and upload the video to Facebook or Instagram before 28th March 2019, tagging #YMLPianoDayFollow @YamahaMusicLondon on Facebook and on Instagram.The winner will receive a pair of tickets to a very special concert performance of Peter And The Wolf by The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at The Royal Albert Hall in June 2019
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE COMPETITION AND TO SEE THE EXCITING PIANO DAY LINE UP VISIT