Saturday, 23 May 2015

Celebration of Hampton's 200-year-old pub begins

Hampton Hill’s first pub opened its doors 200 years ago next year and to mark the occasion and the history of the village’s 15 pubs a free leaflet has been produced in association with a local historian.
Duke of Wellington: Opened 200 years ago next year
The Marquis of Wellington, later the Duke of Wellington, on the corner of Wellington Road, opened in 1816 and the leaflets commemorating the history of the area’s pubs, put together with help from John Sheaf, will be available from the Post Office, Hampton Hill Stationery and the pubs themselves.